Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Today...

Today I got to spend a few hours with Macy, just she and me. This is something that doesn't happen very often. She stayed home from school with a bad cough. While Payson was at preschool, we played some Macy'sopoly (a gift from Aunt Amy)




did some laundry



and cleaned my bedroom. Okay, I cleaned my bedroom, she watched a movie.



(This might not seem like a huge deal to you, but you should have seen it before I cleaned it. Believe me. Amy can vouch for me. There is no "before" picture for a reason.)

Last night I prayed, yet again, to "be a little better and do a little better tomorrow." So this morning I woke up and played with Macy and cleaned my room. We talked and laughed and had quality mommy/daughter time. I felt better, emotionally, than I have in a long time.

As Macy helped me fold the socks, she asked me, "Is it fun to be a mom?"

And today, I didn't hesitate to say yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment