Sunday, January 18, 2009

Diary of a Night Owl

It's 1:30 am. It's Sunday morning. I have to wake up in five and a half hours to get ready for church. And I am wide awake. Because I took a looooong nap this afternoon (*cough* evening). And my amazing husband let me, and bathed the kids and put them to bed. Now he is asleep and so are the kids and the house is quiet and I feel like this.


But this is when my mind goes crazy. This is when you get the most raw, most real me. So bear with the following ramblings. Everyone knows that coherency after midnight is non-existent.

I did it. I finally did it. I got caught up in my Google Reader. Who knew that when I pledged to read and comment on anyone's blog who commented on mine I would actually end up adding a million blogs to my Google Reader? The ironic part is, the LAST thing I need to be doing is spending MORE time on the computer, specifically, blogging. But I don't care. It is so worth it to be connected to everyone again. And by that I mean all the comments I have been getting.

I have been spending almost all my spare time on a highly classified, top-secret project that I am unbelievably excited about. I cannot tell you what it is, because then I would have to kill you. No, really, I just can't tell you because it is not official yet. I am "trying out" for something, if you will, and am waiting to see if I "get the part." And no, it has nothing to do with acting. Sorry to disappoint. Hopefully in the near future I will have an exciting announcement to make. And no, it has nothing to do with making or having babies. Sorry to disappoint.

So, between a plethora of blogs and top secret projects, there's just no time. No time to clean, no time to get caught up on boring, regular projects that desperately need attention, no time to do laundry (sorry family), no time to play with my new camera, no time to start digital scrapbooking, no time for anything. Even my novel has been on hiatus. :( When did the hours in the day get so short? And will someone PLEASE make me understand that there would be much more of them if I stopped sleeping through so many of them? And also that if I went to bed at a decent hour I might not feel the need to sleep through the day? It's not rocket science, and yet I just can't grasp it.

Anyway, I'd say I'm going to bed now, but it would be a lie, and I try very hard to be honest on my blog. If you see me tomorrow and I look like this


you'll know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment