Monday, January 12, 2009

The Post I Should Have Done Four Days Ago

She knew I had had a bad day.
She invited me out to lunch, but I couldn't go, due to a prior commitment.
So instead, she went shopping. For me.

She knew I would need this, for some fun, mindless entertainment
(and some good motivation)


She got me these


so I could do this, because she knows how much I love it


She got me these, for some warmth and comfort

and of course she knew I would need some of this, because,
how else would I relax?

She also knew I would need just a little bit of chocolate,
so she also got me my very favorite 100 calorie snack,
Mr. Salty chocolate-covered pretzels. I don't have a picture
of those. You can probably guess why.

She knows me.
She pays attention to details about me that not many people do.
She knew just what I needed for a pick-me-up.
She knew that when I came home and saw that red bag on my door,
that it would make my day.
And she was right.
Because that's how well she knows me.
She'll never know how lucky I feel
to call her friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment