Saturday, August 16, 2008

Slot Swap

Okay, I promise this movie blog will NOT only be about Harry Potter and Twilight. But seeing as both movies just released big news that actually overlaps, I have to post this:



Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has officially been pulled from it's November 21st release date and bumped to next summer's lineup, July 17th to be exact. As a major H.P. fan, I won't deny my disappointment. The studio explained their reasoning, saying basically that next summer proved less of a competitive time slot. I couldn't help but wonder to myself if a little vampire flick had them shaking in their boots, now that its popularity is undeniable.

And then this news was announced:



Twilight, originally set to open on December 12th, is being released three weeks earlier...on November 21st! So, I got over my Harry Potter sadness pretty quickly. I'm so easily satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment