Tuesday, August 19, 2008

High School Musical 3 Trailer

So I haven't made it to a movie in a while (I am trying to see The Dark Knight on Saturday), but in the meantime I've had fun digging up trailers for much-anticipated movies online, ones that maybe you all have seen, but I haven't. I found this gem today.




I have no shame (okay, maybe a little) in saying that I am so friggin' excited for this movie. Now, let it go on record that tween romance movies make the hair on the back of my neck stand on end. Cutesy, giggly adolescents popping and locking their way to true love is the very antithesis of all that I believe in. Having said that, I love me some HSM! Loved the first one, loved the second one, can't wait for the third one.

Just like with Twilight, I was the biggest skeptic when it came to HSM. One listen to the soundtrack in my sister's car had me reaching for the door handle in search of an escape. So many of my friends were immediately hooked, and there was all that hype. I didn't get it. But, like everything else that is a hot topic, my curiosity got the better of me and I caved. I wasn't an instant superfan. It was enjoyable, between the cringes and dry heaves. The music was undeniably catchy. But as my 6 year old watched it over, and over....and over again, I found myself pausing over the dishes to watch my favorite scenes. Soon I was the one (and don't ever repeat this) requesting it at movie time. It wasn't long before we were listening to the soundtrack in our car, and I was singing along to every word.

Needless to say, I was excited for HSM2 to come out last summer, although, due to our lack of cable TV, I had to wait till it came out on DVD to watch it. It didn't disappoint. I loved it just as much as the first, soundtrack and all. Sure, there were parts (like every time Gabriella giggled) that made me remember why I was so skeptical in the first place, but for the most part, it was jolly good fun, bringing out my inner tweeny-bopper.

So when I heard that HSM3 was being released in the theaters (finally, it's about time they catch on that they could probably make a dollar or two in ticket sales), I was ecstatic. Everything's better on the big screen, and for once my kids and I can see it when it first opens, along with the rest of the planet. And if this trailer is any indication, we are in for another round of High School bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment