Saturday, August 22, 2009

It's Hip to Be a Square


I am an even numbers kind of girl. I like things to be neat and orderly, like even numbers. I have to eat Peanut Butter M&M's in two's--you know, one for each side of my mouth. When I buy cans of soup or beans at the store, I always have to get two or four. It's a disease, really.

So my point, you ask? Well, something about my blog has been bugging me for quite some time. See my followers down there to the right? Yeah, I have nineteen. It's KILLING me, people. It's like, the ultimate insult. Not only is nineteen an odd number, it's one away from a tens!! It literally causes me physical pain. It's like buying nine of something, and not rounding it up to ten. Absolutely absurd!

But the worst part is, only twenty followers are shown on a blog at any given time. Which means I have three neat, perfect little rows all filled up with five pictures, and one with only four. That one blank square stares at me every time I log on, mocking me, laughing at me. "Nineteen," it sneers. "You only have nineteen."

So, you know you want to be that follower, the big one, number twenty. You know you want to. Who can be the first to fill that empty spot, that cold, lonely, empty spot just begging to be filled?

Will it be you?

No comments:

Post a Comment