Monday, August 31, 2009

Back To School, Back To School, To Prove To Dad That I'm Not a Fool

I can't believe that summer is over, and school is back in session. NEVER has a summer flown by so quickly for me. It was a summer of exciting accomplishments for us, with both my kids learning to ride their bikes without training wheels (on the same day...thanks Grandma!) and Payson learning to swim with no swimmies in the deep end. Why do they grow so fast? Which leads me to...


Macy's first day of 3rd grade

(The sun is bright in her face, and a million degrees. She insisted on wearing her new school clothes, even though it meant being covered in thick fabric from head to toe. I remember doing the EXACT same thing as a kid. She came home miserable, announcing she will be wearing her old summer clothes tomorrow.)


Payson's first day of Kindergarten
(What??!!)


(He was all too happy to wear old summer clothes. I had to drag him to get new school clothes. He begged to wear shorts, so at least I had one comfortable kid at school today. This picture makes it look like he has a hole in the head.)

I wanted a picture of him walking out with his class. I ran over just in time to capture this precious moment. Mrs. W. had no idea I was watching as she kissed his swirl goodbye. My heart was full.


Hot, exhausted, and bursting with first day excitement,
my two scholars.

No comments:

Post a Comment