Monday, August 3, 2009

Dog Days of Summer

I can't believe it's August. Why does summer always blow by? When I was a kid it seemed like summer lasted forever.

We've had a great summer so far, but I'm starting to get that panicky feeling that it's nearing an end and we haven't done everything yet. Thank goodness my sister made a goal to do one cool, fun thing for her kids every day this week and invited me along. Today we went to the sprinkler park, tomorrow--free books at Barnes and Noble. We're looking forward to Monsters vs. Aliens at the free movie next week and then our Mathews Family Reunion next weekend, which is always a guaranteed blast. We're doing swimming lessons every morning and spend every afternoon at my mom's pool. I guess, in retrospect, I've done a pretty good job of squeezing all the fun stuff into this summer. *Pats her own back*

But the fun part for me has been writing. Sorry if you're all sick to death of hearing about my novel, but it just gets more and more exciting as I go and actually make progress! I am on Chapter Four, which is a HUGE milestone for me. I am loving it, and I hope you will all love it. I have been writing pretty much every spare minute I have and loving it. That's a lot of the reason I haven't been blogging.

Hope you are all having a fun-filled summer as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment