Thursday, May 7, 2009

Jaspurr

Since the sweet cuddly kitten phase didn't last long, I'm grateful that Jasper ended up having a fun personality. So that I still love him when he's drawing blood and making my kids cry. He sleeps in the funniest positions and he is overly fond of enclosed spaces and being covered up...like, completely.

As a young kitten he was super curious about the computer. He always had to see what was on the screen and never failed to crawl onto the keys and fall asleep. That was adorable for about five minutes.

I can't keep him out of the dryer, even when I'm throwing wet clothes on top of him.


Michael Jordan's got nothin' on him. You whip a ribbon through the air, and this cat defies gravity.


Our own little version of The Brady Bunch

He could care less that he outgrew his cat bed a month ago. It's still his sleeping place of choice.

Just yesterday he burrowed under Payson's backpack for a nap.



He also:
  • Works his way up the side of our bed, between the sheets, and takes a nap under the covers. Makes for a fun game of "Where the heck is Jasper?!"
  • Is a complete water snob. He won't drink out of his cat water bowl, but meows at the sink until I fill up a Tupperware container full of fresh, cold water for him.
  • Is obsessed with our linen closet. It doesn't matter where he is in the house, if he hears the door open he is over there and up onto a shelf faster than you can say "aw crap." The only way to get him out is to bribe him with treats.
  • Bites our hands, then licks them real quick, to make sure we know he was just playing and not really attacking us.
  • Has a secret hideout under our bed, where he pulled the fabric cover off the box spring. He goes there when I vacuum and when we get mad at him, and I am highly suspicious that if I were to check under there, I would find several things that I am missing.
It's hard to remember what life was like before Jasper.

No comments:

Post a Comment