Monday, May 18, 2009

First, I'd Like to Thank the Academy....


Wow. I'm a little bit speechless. At the risk of sounding unbelievably cheesy and annoying, I have to say what a lucky girl I am. I was spoiled rotten beyond belief this weekend and I just kept wondering if there is such a thing as too much perfection. I don't think so. My birthday was perfect.

All 3 wishes were granted. I was willing to consider a day without rain or severe wind a "nice spring day" but I didn't have to settle. It was the most GORGEOUS day I could have dreamed of.

I didn't throw up, or ever feel like throwing up. Always a plus.

And as you all know, my third wish was granted in abundance, by you. THANK YOU!!! You all went above and beyond the call of duty and I can't tell you how much excitement I had throughout the day checking in to see what the number was up to, seeing who had commented and who had come out of the woodwork, and reading the wonderful things you had to say about me. Not to mention laughing my rear end off at the hilarious dialogues. Thank you to my most dedicated commenters who took my challenge and ran with it! Thank you to all the people who came out of lurkdom to comment for the first time! That was awesome. And thank you to everyone who said the kindest, most wonderful things about me. It really did make my day and I'll never forget it. And I think it's safe to say that Alissa wins the award for most comments. Yay for lots of comments!

And on top of all that, breakfast with my sisters and mom, shopping and lunch with one of my very favorite people, dinner and a movie (my favorite kind of date) with my sweet husband, and, the grand finale, the mother of all birthday celebrations, a mega-watt Oscar-themed surprise party extravaganza thrown by all my friends and family. It was, undoubtedly, a night I will never forget. Thank you a million times over to those involved.

I officially love being 30!

No comments:

Post a Comment