Friday, September 11, 2009

Just Finished...


Couldn't put it down. If you haven't read it, you must do so, without further delay. But first, you have to read



Because it's the first book in the series. Can I just say how much I love these books? They are the kind of books where you tell yourself you'll stop after this chapter, but then you can't because the chapter ends with some shocking new development and you absolutely have to read on to find out what the heck is going to happen?! Almost every single chapter is that way.

The characters are amazing. The main character, Katniss Everdeen, is maybe my favorite female character I've ever read. She is real, she is strong, she is brave, and not in the way that Stephenie Meyer claims that Bella is, but for real. She doesn't annoy me in any way, which is saying a lot.

The two male characters are both gorgeous, amazing guys that seriously have me equally rooting for both of them. I don't know how it could end that would make me happy, unless she ends up with both of them.

Speaking of ends, I do have to say that this is where I feel the books' weaknesses lie. Love the books, hate the endings. Both of them so far have me checking to make sure there isn't another chapter back there hiding somewhere. It's only acceptable knowing there will be a sequel, the story isn't over.

I will be anxiously waiting (a loooong time) for the third installment of The Hunger Games series.

No comments:

Post a Comment