Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

I want to first state (just in case it wasn't horribly obvious) that the excerpts you are getting are from my first draft. You know, the rough one? This means everything I put on here is probably riddled with grammatical errors and is subject to change; meaning, it may not even end up in the final product. But hopefully it will. Cause I likes what I writes. (I mean, what I've written...so far.)

Beep. Beep. Beep. My alarm. I rolled over to turn it off, but something pulled at my arms, preventing me from moving. Irritated, I pried my eyes open and waited for them to focus. All I saw was white. Fuzzy whiteness, everywhere I looked. I blinked and squinted and tried to make sense of what I was seeing, but the whiteness didn’t go away, only sharpened a bit. Scanning my surroundings, I saw another color: silver. Gleaming silver and stark white, everywhere I looked. As the sleep fog cleared from my brain, I began to make out machines and instruments that somewhere, in the deep recesses of my mind, were familiar to me. I realized the big machine next to me was the source of the beeping. Not my alarm. Definitely not my alarm, because this wasn’t my apartment, wasn’t my bed. Wracking my brain, I frantically tried to remember where I was and why I was here and the last thing I could clearly remember. I came up completely bone dry.

©
A. Leppert 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment