Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Clarification

It has been brought to my attention that people are questioning the $11 ticket price for the Eclipse pre-release screening. Here is the breakdown:

Regular ticket price: $9.50
Summit's added pre-release screening fee: $1.00
extra: $.50

First let me address the $1.00 fee. This is exactly what I know: That Summit tacked on a $1.00 pre-release screening fee, which goes to them. That's it. That's all I know. I don't know why they did, but I think it's safe to guess they're trying to bank on the Twilight craze as much as they can because they can and people will probably pay it. There. Now you know as much as I do about the fee. If you have more questions about it, I'm sure you can call Fairchild and they can fill you in better than I can.

Now, about the $.50. When I realized the ticket price was going to be $10.50, I cringed, thinking of all. those. quarters. Dealing with $9 even last time was hard enough with all the tens I was given and all the dollar bills to give back. But $.50? It was only going to add that much more to the headache that collecting money already is going to be.

However, never in my wildest dreams did I ever consider making a profit off of this. Although I have had COUNTLESS people tell me I could and I should for my troubles and effort and time and headaches, I was absolutely not comfortable with it at all. But when I thought about trying to deal with bags of change, I just wasn't going to do it.

So I decided to round it up and make $.50 off of every ticket. But the more I thought about it the more I didn't feel good about it, and I started thinking of ways I could put the money back into the screening night, back to you guys, like buying some big item for people to win that night or something. You may not believe this, and that's fine. For anyone who really knows me, they would know that charging people for getting them movie tickets is not something I would ever do.

I was not keeping this a secret. I was never trying to hide this. I had extremely limited space in which to post my facebook announcement, already having to cut and delete things out of it that weren't absolutely imperative just to get it to post. Then I copied and pasted that announcement to my blog. I knew people would question the raise in price, and I was prepared for it. I guess where I made an error in judgment was not wanting to get into the whole explanation of "not wanting to deal with quarters" on facebook or anywhere else when the two people who asked me asked and honestly, because I didn't want to hear anyone say "you're making a profit off of this?!" I guess I should have broken it down earlier, but I didn't and I'm sorry.

If you don't want to pay the extra amount for a ticket, then you are absolutely free to go another time. If everyone has a problem with this (with the exception of the ten people who have already claimed tickets) then I guess I'll have to give up the theater, which makes me sad, but I have to have a minimum of 225 to get it. If, however, it's worth $1.50 extra to you to have a guaranteed seat in a "private" theater and get to see the movie hours before everyone else, I am happy to add you to my list and buy you a ticket and we will have a blast that night.

Sorry for any confusion or cause for the gossip train. Thank you to my wonderful, loyal, amazing friend for coming to the source and asking me straight out. And thank you to all my friends who know me well enough to know I wasn't lying about Summit's fee or "pocketing $375 off of this" for my own personal gain.

And I'm taking any and all great ideas on a $125 prize that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment