Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Teaser Tuesday

I know I promised a Teaser Tuesday, but then my wonderful husband gave me the best surprise on my blog! So we can just pretend it's still Tuesday. It's my blog, and if I say it's still Tuesday, it's still Tuesday. So, without further ado, I present to you....Teaser Tuesday.

I was pondering this, gazing out the window once more, when I realized that the spot I had been staring at had changed. The black square I had been accustomed to now had a shape within it. My brain caught up with my eyes and I recognized the shape as a human figure. My breath caught in my throat and I froze, my heart beating wildly out of my chest. It was him. It had to be him, who else would it be? He was staring right at me. Could he see me? I didn’t move, didn’t breathe for what felt like two minutes. Just when I felt like I was going to pass out, he walked away from the window and disappeared into blackness.

© A. Leppert 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment