Saturday, October 17, 2009

Hooker Boots, iPhones, and Swine Flu, Oh My!

Don't die of shock, but I'm going to blog about something other than New Moon movie tickets. Now that they are in my possession I can start living my life again. It's weird to think about something other than money, tickets, email addresses, money, New Moon, deadlines, and money. I'm trying to remember what I did and thought about before taking this on.

So what else have I been up to?

--Taking a Love & Logic class at my kids' school, every Tuesday night. You know, in the hopes of becoming a better parent. Turns out the classes won't help you unless you actually try the techniques at home. Go figure.

--Joined a new club. The iPhone club. You can easily recognize the members by the rectangular object permanently affixed to one hand. Other characteristics are: Failure to engage in social conversation and obnoxious offers to provide any information someone may or may not need on the spot. Yeah, I'm "that" person now. Although I try very hard not to be. Okay, I don't really.

--Swine flu, swine flu here and there. Swine flu, swine flu everywhere. It is TAKING OVER THE WORLD. And despite my insistence that it would never infiltrate our home, it has happened. Well, I don't know for sure, Payson was not actually tested, but I'd bet my signed copy of Twilight that he has it, and Bill too. So far Macy and I have managed to avoid the filthy disease of pigs, but basically I am just biding my time and swabbing my inner nostrils with salt water. Oh yeah, I seriously just said that.

--I bought my first pair of hooker boots that I am insanely excited about. I got them on Thursday and I was seriously considering wearing a skirt and blouse on Friday as I collected money just so I could wear them. But I figured a steady stream of people coming to my house with wads of cash already looked sketchy enough to my neighbors, without adding hooker boots to the mix.

And that's basically it, summed up. It's good to be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment