Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Budding Rock Star

Macy has a new favorite hobby: writing down the lyrics to songs so she can rock out in her room. She does the whole play/pause thing over and over again, writing down a few words at a time, until she has the whole thing written down and can sing along with all the words. I have a new favorite hobby too: reading the words that Macy writes down as the lyrics. Of course, I can't do it when she's around because my laughing would probably hurt her feelings. But I'm sorry. Oh. My. Goodness. It's priceless. Here's her latest song deciphered (exactly as written, no corrections made):


Party In The USA
(by Miley Cyrus)

A Hots of a plain in L.A.M. they were dreaming with my car again
welcome to the land of fame x x oh, am I going fit in
jump to the cab for my first time
look to my right and I see the Hollywood sign
this is all so crazy everyone seems so famos
my tumy turns and I feel kind of home sick
who takes my pictior and I kind of feel nervos
is when the taxi man turned on the radio
and a jazzy song was on, a jazzy song was on,
and a jazzy song was on so I put my hands up
playing my song and butterflies fly away
not in my head like yeah,
moving my hipps like yeah,
so I put my hands up
playing my song and yo know I'm gonna be ok yeah
It's a party in the USA yeah
It's a party in the USA
into the bob of my taxi cab
everybodys looking at me now
like who's that chick that's rocking kick
you've gotta be from out of town
so hard that my girls aren't around me
is that deffenely not the national party
cause all I see are celas I guess I never got the cheekas
my tumys turning and I feel kind of home sick
to much pictiars and I'm nervos
is when the D.J.s on for my favrat tive
and the brittny song was on,
and the brittny song was on,
and the brittny song was on
so I put my hands up playing my song
and butterflies fly away
not in my head like yeah
moving my hipps like yeah
put my hands up playing my song
you know I'm gonna be ok yeah
it's a party in the USA yeah
it's a party in the USA
like open on a fly to my home dep denie
something stop every time
the thing I take I feel alive
(repeat chorus)


I haven't been able to bring myself to tell her that back in the OLD days we used to buy CD's at the store and they came with all the words inside! But where would be the fun in that?!

No comments:

Post a Comment