Friday, January 4, 2008

Debbie Downer

Ugh. I hate post-Christmas winter, especially in my small corner of the world where it never snows. Without Christmas or snow, what is the point of winter? All you have left is cold, gray, ugly brown scenery, and if you're lucky like me and you live in fabulous P-Town, RAIN. I have tried to cheer myself up by imagining I lived in Forks, WA: (This is just what it would be like. This is where Edward would live!) But then I just get more depressed as the realization sets in that I need to be LOCKED UP IN A PADDED ROOM AND HIT UPSIDE THE HEAD.

Why does post-Christmas winter have to coincide with the New Year? Every year I have glorious, grand intentions and dreams of success as I excitedly make my list of resolutions, ready to ring in the New Year. This year will be different. I've never felt this motivated before, surely. But every time that ball drops, I drop the ball. Every December as the New Year nears, I have this distorted vision that with it will come the new me. Of course I'll be able to eat healthy. Why wouldn't I wake up at 6:00 every morning to exercise? It'll be 2008! And yet every January 1st I wake up so confused as I head for the Cocoa Puffs. What exactly went wrong?

So dreary, horrible, snow-free, Christmas-free winter + girl trying yet again to diet and exercise = depressed, frustrated, hopeless girl sneaking leftover Christmas candy. Viva La New Year.

Not to mention the fact that I'm just so tired. I don't know if it's my body's way of refusing to bounce back from vacation, or what, but I swear, someone is doping up my mini-Twixes. All I want to do is sleep, and we all know how that lifts the old spirits. Nothing says joy like not being able to keep your eyes open.

Oh, and I looked up "procreate" in the dictionary. Apparently it means to "have a baby." I thought it meant "write a novel." Oops. My bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment